Getting PicKit2 working in OSX
- Mac OSX 10.5 is required to run it along with the latest version of Java.
- You need to copy pk2cmd and PK2DeviceFile.dat files into /bin folder, even if you have manually installed pk2cmd before.
- To do that, open a Finder window and press CMD+SHIFT+G then type in “/bin” (without the ” “).
- Drag and drop the 2 files, enter your admin password and you’re done.
Or by terminal:
- copy pk2cmd to /bin
- # sudo cp pkcmd /bin
- Copy PK2DeviceFile.dat to /bin
- # sudo cp PK2DeviceFile.dat /bin
Plugin your USB PicKit2
If you get the message that the PK2DeviceFile.dat can not be found then run the following command.
# sudo chmod 777 /bin/PK2DeviceFile.dat